We've moved!

Check out our new site at
www.scienceandreligiontoday.com
and be sure to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Judge Jones "Confident" He Got Opinion Right

"I am a person of faith. I'm certainly not an atheist or an agnostic and I see some divine force somewhere," Judge John E. Jones III, who presided over the 2005 Kitzmiller v. Dover trial, says in a new Q&A with Jane Gitschier in the journal PLoS Genetics. "That said, having had a pretty good education, a great liberal arts education at Dickinson College, I must say that I never had any substantial doubts about evolution generally. I had forgotten, admittedly, a lot of what I had learned about evolution back in college. Moreover, a lot had happened since the '70s, so my understanding was rudimentary. But I never had a crisis of confidence about evolution or a reason to doubt that it constituted a valid theory and good science."

0 comments: